Supra ITS is committed to protecting the personal information of our customers, employees and other individuals. When you conduct business with Supra ITS you can be assured that your privacy is protected. We respect your right to control the collection and use and disclosure of your personal information. Supra ITS is committed to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal information. Supra ITS has implemented the below “Privacy Code” to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) which came into effect January 1, 2004. Supra ITS respects the privacy of our clients and we are committed to keeping your personal information private, secure, accurate, and confidential.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?Personal information includes any factual or subjective information, recorded or not, about an identifiable individual. This includes information in any form, such as:
- Age, name, ID numbers, income, ethnic origin, or blood type
- Opinions, evaluations, comments, social status, or disciplinary actions
- Employee files, credit records, loan records, medical records, existence of a dispute between a consumer and a merchant, intentions (for example, to acquire goods or services, or change jobs)
- Personal information does not include the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT AND WHAT WE DO WITH SUCH INFORMATIONWe collect and use information about you and your use of our website and our products and services (herein called “Information”) to:
- Initiate and maintain a business relationship with you as our customer in connection with our products and services.
- Provide you with personalized services and product offerings by use of direct marketing to our current customer base, as well as new potential customers.
- Comply with any legal requirements or requests due to a legal proceeding.
SUPRA ITS TAKES OUR PRIVACY CODE SERIOUSLY, WHICH IS BASED ON THE BELOW 10 PRINCIPLES:
- ACCOUNTABILITY Supra ITS is responsible for information under our control. We have assigned an individual who is accountable for our organization’s compliance to the Privacy Principles set out by the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
- IDENTIFYING PURPOSES Whenever we collect information from a customer or potential customer we identify the purpose for which the information will be used.
- CONSENT Consent and knowledge of the individual is required before we collect or disclose any personal information, except in cases where it is inappropriate.
- LIMITING COLLECTION We only collect information that is necessary for the purpose identified by our organization.
- LIMITING USE, DISCLOSURE, AND RETENTION Just as Supra ITS takes steps to limit the types of information we collect from you, we carefully regulate how we handle your personal information. We do not use your information for purposes other than those to which you have consented, or as required by law (for example in a legal investigation). Should Supra ITS require the services of third parties to handle your information, we will require them to adhere to privacy procedures that will keep your information confidential. These third parties will be given only the information necessary for performing their information-handling services.
- ACCURACY We are committed to ensuring that our records of your personal information are accurate, complete, and up-to-date. Although it is your responsibility to inform Supra ITS of any relevant changes in your personal information, we will take steps to ensure that you are able from time to time to verify the information in your file.
- SAFEGUARDS Supra ITS uses appropriate safeguards to protect the privacy of your personal information. These safeguards are designed to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Your records are accessible only to staff who have been given the authority to access them and only as is necessary to provide services to you.
- OPENNESS So that you can be confident that Supra ITS is handling your personal information appropriately, Supra ITS will make information about its policies and practices concerning management of personal information readily available to you. As such, Supra ITS lists our policies on our website for viewing 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for reading by all.
- INDIVIDUAL ACCESS If at any time you have a question about our records containing your personal information, we will do our best to answer it. You have the right to be told about the kind of personal information Supra ITS maintains, how it is used, and with whom it is shared. You are entitled to challenge the factual accuracy as well as the completeness and relevance of our records. Incorrect information will be promptly corrected or, if necessary, deleted. In special circumstances, Supra ITS may need to refuse or limit an access request, for example when disclosure of the information will reveal personal information about another person or interfere with a legal investigation. Most inquiries about our records containing your personal information will be answered at no cost to you. In special circumstances, however, it may be necessary to charge a fee, for example when a lot of staff time is required to gather requested information. If a fee is necessary, you will be told in advance.
- CHALLENGING COMPLIANCE An important measure of Supra ITS’s compliance with the ten privacy principles is your perception of our practices and procedures. We welcome your comments and suggestions concerning this privacy statement and will respond to any concerns you may have about its application. You can request a copy of the CSA Model code for the protection of personal information directly from the Canadian Standards Association.
Supra ITS does not sell or trade personal information for commercial purposes.
Supra ITS is committed to retaining your personal information only as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. Supra ITS is also committed to deleting or destroying the records containing that information when they are no longer required; this will be done in ways that will ensure your continued privacy.